- Sarah L. Myer, 41, was jailed on Friday for 10 years in Poplar Grove, Illinois
- The mother-of-five pleaded guilty to having sex with a male student twice
- It is not clear how old the boy is but he was a student at the high school
- Myer, who has five children, taught a special education maths class there
- The boy was not one of her students but they had sex multiple times between November 2016 and April 2017
Jennifer Smith For Dailymail.com
Sarah L. Myer, 41, was sentenced on Friday after pleading guilty to two counts of criminal sexual assault for engaging in a sexual relationship with a student
A mother-of-five teacher has been jailed for 10 years in Illinois for repeatedly having sex with a male student at the high school where she worked.
Sarah L. Myer, 41, was sentenced on Friday after pleading guilty to two counts of criminal sexual assault.
She admitted having sex with the boy on multiple occasions between November 2016 and April 2017.
He was not one of her students but was a student at the school.
Myer taught a special education maths class at the high school.
It is not clear if she is married or single.
Her relationship with the boy was revealed when he reported it.
She was charged over two incidents in Boone County but more charges may be brought from a separate jurisdiction.
Myer was given time served for the 261 days she has spent behind bars since she was arrested earlier this year.
Illinois’ sexual assault laws and sentences are strict – for criminal sexual assault, which Myer was convicted of twice, the mandatory minimum sentence is four years but can span up to 15 on the offender’s first charge.
On any additional counts, that sentence can be stretched to a minimum of 30-60 years (second charge) or life (third count) if the judge considers it a suitable sentence.
It is a stark contrast to other states, like Utah, where teachers have recently walked free from court despite having sex with students.